Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Baking From Happiness

So I am sick. Like really unwell. High fever, rash and all. Ugh. It's the worst feeling. I mean I've been sick plenty and really enjoyed it mostly, what with all the pampering and sympathy, the best part being that I skipped many a final exam in school but this is totally different. To start off, I fell sick on my birthday (that too has happened before...twice). I snapped at all my friends after inviting them to dine with me at a fancy place. I wore my favourite top but was too cold to take the jacket off even once. I hardly ate anything. I somehow made it home and worst of all, I left for a wedding in Jaipur the next day only to return day after, half dead with an ugly, ugly rash all over my body. And all this over a weekend.

Today I decided enough was enough. I had no fever all day yesterday and enough energy in me to do something...and no office. This meant it was a perfect time to bake. That's when I saw the silver lining. It's one thing to bake for happiness, but quite another to bake from happiness. The fruit of the latter's always sweeter and yummier.

It was easy to decide what to bake. It had to be mom's favourite. Her favourite dessert of all time: chocolate eclair. Moms are the best. When you're unwell and disoriented and weak and helpless and you just call out your mom's name, for no purpose as such, I've seen it really gives some sort of a boost, some invisible strength accompanied with a comforting, world's best hug. So, this one's for my momma. Nay, for all our mommas.



You can find the recipe for this here. And thank my Maamu for giving it to me and it reaching you thus.


No comments:

Post a Comment